This module aims to develop the learners understanding and enhance their knowledge of inclusivity, equality, and diversity in ELC practice in Ireland. Learners will explore their understanding of inclusivity, equality, and diversity as well as examining theories and approaches to equality and diversity. They will address barriers and challenges to providing inclusivity, equality and diversity in practice and explore practical strategies that support all children’s participation. They will critically analyse the evolution and impact of policy and legislation on inclusivity, equality, and diversity in ELC and develop an inclusion policy.
- Critically evaluate inclusivity, equality and diversity terminology and concepts relevant to the ELC sector in Ireland.
- Differentiate between approaches to diversity education including assimilation, multicultural, intercultural, and anti-bias.
- Recognising barriers and challenges to inclusivity, equality, and diversity in ELC and develop strategies that support all children.
- Apply best practice guidelines to equality poof an ELC environment that supports all children and their families.
- Demonstrate competence in the design of policies and procedures around inclusion, equality, and diversity.
- Understand the role of the ELC professional in supporting Inclusivity, equality, and diversity.
- Assignment – 30%
- Project – 70%