This module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge to utilise a range of curricular approaches and early childhood theoretical perspectives to provide an inclusive, nurturing, child centred, playful, pedagogical approach to early learning and development. This module further aims to support the learner to become a reflective professional, enhancing their professional development and pedagogical practices.
- Evaluate a range of curricula approaches and theory to inform curricular development and pedagogical practices.
- Compare a range of pedagogical strategies to provide a holistic, nurturing and child-centred environment.
- Utilise planning methods to provide inclusive and creative indoor and outdoor learning opportunities, appropriate to children’s strengths, needs and development, informed by theory, frameworks, and guidelines.
- Develop and lead the implementation of an ELC inquiry-based curriculum, providing individual and group learning opportunities appropriate to children’s strengths, needs and development.
- Promote the use of reflective practice individually and collaboratively to support professional development, curriculum, and pedagogical practices.
- Assignment – 40%
- Project – 60%